In the fall of 1949, a small group of people talked of organizing a riding club. They decided to send cards and telephone people to attend a meeting on November 20, 1949 to be held at the Golden Rule School, about six miles northwest of Topeka.
There were 28 people present and all were very interested. Election of Officers followed. Elected were:
President - Arch Abrams
Vice President - Fred Doyle
Secretary - Maxine Cocharn
Reporter - Dean Whiteman
A committee was appointed to find some ground on which to have field days. Mr. and Mrs. Arch Abrams leased ground to the newly formed club. Almost every Sunday the men met and began building pens, chutes, an arena, bleachers and a fence around the grounds. The ladies helped in many ways, one of which was the donation of their homemade pies.
Then new club joined the Kansas Chapter in 1950. They took part in many parades in Topeka. A uniform of white shirts, red ties and blue jeans was established.
The club had a basket supper each meeting night, as a way to get acquainted. For several years square dancing was held after the meetings.